Spinach Tomato Scramble Sandwich
I love finding new ways to get my toddler to eat his greens, and this egg sandwich is his latest favorite. He gets to eat his “green egg sammy”, and I feel like I’ve won yet another small battle.
Dairy Free Spinach Tomato Scramble Sandwich
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large or jumbo egg, scrambled (add a dash of cayenne for the adults if you like)
- 1 whole wheat english muffin, toasted
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray, a teaspoon of olive oil, or a bit of non-dairy butter.
- Add your spinach and tomato, and cook for 3 or 4 minutes,
- Add your egg and mix well with your spinach and tomato.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the egg is cooked through.
- Top your english muffin with the egg mixture, and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 273 Fat: 9.2g Saturated fat: 2.8g Carbohydrates: 31.4 Sugar: 4.1g Sodium: 389mg Fiber: 4.9g Protein: 15.2g Cholesterol: 270g