Happy Friday, Mamas! Another week has passed and left me wondering how in the heck I made it through without losing my marbles. Between a toddler that leaves a path of destruction everywhere he goes and a to-do list the size of Rushmore, I could use a lot more than five minutes (I’m pretty sure you all could too).
This week’s Friday Take-5 is inspired by those moments when we all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and relax; Yoga. So do yourself a favor, take five minutes, and do some yoga. It will leave you feeling relaxed, recharged, and ready to tackle whatever comes your way.
Here’s some help to get you started:
- 5 Minute Yoga by Olson Apps – Available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, this app gives you everything you need for a five minute yoga routine. Each move is beautifully illustrated, and with over 350 different sessions, you’ll never get bored. This is my personal favorite because you can take it with you anywhere you go. Find it in the App store for $1.99 right here.
- 5 Minute Yoga on YouTube - There are tons of 5 minute routines for you to follow on YouTube. Just search “5 minute yoga” and a plethora of videos will show in the results. This one is one my personal favorites.
- 5 Minute Yoga from Fitness Magazine – Need to take five at your desk? In the office? Check out Fitness Magazine’s 5 minute routine right here.
- 5 Minute classes with yogaglo – A mecca for online yoga classes, this site gives you a wide array of choices, and the videos stream in HD. Check them out here.
- Christina Brown’s Quick & Easy Yoga – This book gives you 5 minute routines for anyone to do anytime and anywhere. Perfect for the busy mama! Book available at Amazon.com, Target, Walmart, and Barnes & Noble.
Take-5 for yourself, breath deep, and just let go for a few. Take time to appreciate all of the beautiful things in your life that are keeping you so busy. And don’t forget to pat yourself on the back for making it through another week in one piece.